Key Business Case Considerations
- What is the problem that needs to be solved?
- What is the range of alternatives that could address this problem?
- What are the costs, benefits, and risks associated with each alternative?
- Based on the above, what is the recommended course of action?
- Business Case Analysis Guidelines and Template
- Guide to Conducting Business Case Benefits Evaluations
- Guide to Conducting Business Case Cost Evaluations
- Guide to Conducting Business Case Schedule Evaluations
- Guide to Conducting Business Case Risk Evaluations
- Initial Investment Analysis Plan Guidelines and Template
- Guidelines for Conducting Shortfall Analysis
Investment Analysis Process
Here you will find all the details on how to construct a business case analysis. With flowcharts tailored to ACATs, this is a comprehensive and thorough guide to the investment analysis process.
Business Case - Context and Relevance
This link will take you to a discussion of what makes a good business case story. It's more than just writing a report. You have to know your story - and be able to tell it, convincingly, to others.
This section of our site highlights the strengths of our four divisions and those of the analysts that work there. You can also find program assignments and contact information for individual staff members here.
Business Case Toolkit
The toolkit lays out all the guidelines and templates in one easy to find place. If you are looking for particular guidance or template, and don't need to be guided through the process, try here first.
With a robust training curriculum under construction, this section houses class descriptions, in-class training presentations, answers to in class exercises, and links to other important training websites.
Library and Links
If you can't find it anywhere else, try here. A list of all the documents, links, web pages, acronyms, and pop-ups used throughout the IP&A website.